Yoga for kids – Astonishing Benefits and Simple Yoga Poses
You, as a parent might think that kids and yoga just don’t have any combination, Isn’t it? After all, your yoga practiced is designed to bring calmness and serenity into your daily life. On the other hand, kids don’t have much stress or tension. Even the most exuberant child can benefit from the yoga asanas including the practice of meditation.
And if your kids start the practice of Yoga at an early stage, your kids will be able to incorporate it into their daily lives and this practice will grow with time. Yoga for kids doesn’t require any skills to start practicing with it. They just need to start! The practice keeps your kids active, balances their mind, body, and soul, and helps them focus on their life.
In this article, we are going to share the top benefits of Yoga for Kids and simple poses that they can practice at home.
What are the Benefits of Yoga for Kids?
Yoga is a discipline that teaches your child the ability to unite physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. It helps your child reach a state of inner peace and mindfulness.
It’s always a good idea to make your kids do yoga as it not only enhances their physical growth but also improves their overall well-being. It also helps your children to develop interpersonal relationships, stress management skills, and other essential skills that will benefit them in their future and phase of adulthood.
Here’re some of the health benefits of Yoga for your kids.
- It improves balance and enhances flexibility.
- It keeps all the muscles pain away.
- It enhances the quality of sleep.
- It improves focus and concentration.
- It boosts the performance of your child.
- It enhances creativity and innovation.
- It improves the overall quality of life.
7 Easy Yoga Poses for Kids to Practice at Home
Yoga doesn’t require any kind of equipment. Your children can perform these asanas in the garden with their friends, at home, or at school with the other students.
Here’re some of the easy Yoga poses for the kids and their top 3 benefits. They are easy, simple, and quick for practicing every day.
- Tadasana i.e. Mountain Pose
- It helps to balance the body.
- It is a natural way to increase height.
- It keeps the spine healthy.
2. Vrikshasana i.e. Tree Pose
- It tones the arms and the legs.
- It increases focus and concentration.
- It enhances the balance of mind and the body.
3. Ananda Balasana i.e. Happy Baby Pose
- It is a great hip-opener.
- It strengthens the arms and shoulder.
- It gives a healthy and elongated spine.
4. Bhujangasana i.e. Cobra Pose
- It strengthens the muscles of the chest, shoulder, and lower back.
- It is good for managing breathing problems such as Asthma.
- It releases tension and stress.
5. Virabhadrasana i.e. Warrior Pose
- It tones arms and legs muscles.
- It improves body balance.
- It builds stamina and strength.
6. Surya Namaskar i.e. Sun Salutation
- It relaxes the nervous system.
- It improves concentration power.
- It strengthens the back muscles.
7. Savasana i.e. Relaxing Pose
- It relaxes the body by releasing all the tensions and worries.
- It improves focus and learning power.
- It improves blood circulation throughout the body.
Some of the Top Tips for Parents
- Make a proper schedule for your kids to practice yoga. You can either schedule it in the morning or in the evening.
- Make it a fun and interactive session by practicing the Yoga asanas with them.
- Bring some colorful mats and comfortable clothes for your kid.
- Let your child do the best. Motivate him/her, but don’t push too much.
- Make sure that your child doesn’t eat anything one hour prior to the yoga class.
- Play some relaxing music in the background to bring peace to the entire practice.