The Best Eye Exercises to Improve your Vision Naturally!
Humans have 5 senses, the eyes to catch the sight of the beautiful world, the tongue to taste the extreme food delicacies, the nose to smell the beautiful fragrance, the ears to hear the wonderful voice of your loved ones, the skin to feel the magnificent touch.
Your eyes are the perfect windows that help you visualize the world. And, just for instance, if other sense organs stopped working such as nose, tongue, ears, it’s your beautiful eyes that protect you from danger.
The Eyes are one of the most overlooked organs; however, if you are suffering from any eye problems, yoga is sure to cure all the problems. The more light in your eyes, the better will be your vision, and more beautifully you will be able to explore the beauty of the world.
Well, what comes to your mind when someone utters the word “Yoga?” Well, yoga is not only about relaxing the solid parts of your body but it is also about your sense organs. Just as yoga can be practiced to address lower back pain and overcome the stiffness in the neck, the same way yoga can be practiced to address the issue related to the eyes.
Eye exercises practiced during an online yoga class will improve your vision naturally and help you overcome eye-related problems such as:
- Hypermetropia (Far Sightedness)
- Myopia (Short Sightedness)
- Other eye-related disorders
It has been noticed that most eye disorders are addressed using powerful glasses or lenses. However, using powerful glasses can make your eye problems even worse. So, if you don’t want to worsen your eye problems, what you can do is start doing yoga eye exercises and alleviates the various eye disorders such as Myopia and Hypermetropia.
The Best Eye Exercises to Improve your Vision Naturally
If you are suffering from eye problems, eye yoga is just one step away. Practicing the following exercises will help you improve your vision naturally.
Important Note* Remember to keep your head and your spine straight while practicing eye exercises!
Palming is the most popular eye exercise that almost everyone performs to soothe their eyes. If you still don’t know how to perform this eye exercise, have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- Sit in a comfortable place with your eyes closed.
- Relax and breathe naturally.
- Gently rub the palms of your hands and generate heat.
- Now, place your palms on your eyelids.
- Feel the warmth in your eyes and relax your eye muscles.
- Repeat the entire process 3 – 4 times.
Blinking is a form of eye exercise that you often practice in your daily life. Follow the steps and perform this eye exercise such as:
- Scrounge a place where you can sit comfortably.
- Blink your eyes 10-15 times.
- Close your eyes and relax for 30 seconds.
- Make sure that your breath is in direct relation with your body.
- Repeat this eye exercise 5-6 times.
3. ROTATIONAL VIEWING
Front and sideways viewing is the best eye exercise that improves your coordination of medial and lateral eye muscles. Follow the steps mentioned below if you want to keep all the eye problems at bay.
- Sit in a comfortable position with your legs straight in front of your body.
- Place the left fist on the left knee and make sure that your thumb points upwards.
- Hold the right thumb to the right of the body and place it upwards.
- Now, without moving your head, view your left thumb and then come to the right one.
- Repeat this process 15-20 times if you want to get rid of eye-related problems.
- Close your eyes and rest!
4. UP AND DOWN VIEWING
Up and down viewing is a type of eye exercise in which you will be taught about how to become more focused and concentrated. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Find a comfortable place and sit with your legs straight.
- Keep your left and right thumb (thumb must be upwards) on the left and right knee respectively.
- Now, slowly raise your right thumb by keeping your arms straight.
- Gaze at your right thumb that is in front of your head and then gaze at the left thumb that is on your knee.
- Repeat the same position with your left thumb as well.
- Repeat this exercise 5-6 times and then, relax!
5. NOSE TIP GAZING
Nose tip gazing is also known as “Nasikagra Drishti.” It is a powerful eye exercise to develop focus and concentration. It is used in concentration with meditation techniques.
- Sit in a cross-legged position.
- Hold the right arm with your thumb facing upward in front of your nose.
- Focus on the tip of your thumb.
- Now, bend your arm and bring the tip of the thumb to your nose and develop focus.
- Continue the process with the left thumb as well.
- Repeat this exercise at least 5-6 times!
- Close your eyes and relax.
Improve your Vision with the Top 5 Exercises
The above eye exercises are the best for everyone! In the chaotic world, where vision is stuck on large screens, it’s significant to take proper care of your eyes with yoga eye exercises. Practice the following exercises, and then relax in Savasana for a few minutes. Breathe gently and relax!
Yoga is a proper practice; however, if you have some serious disorders, it’s always better to get in touch with the best health professional. Consider the problem, practice the above eye exercises daily if you want to keep your vision healthy.