5 Yoga Poses to Cure Migraine and Headache
Nowadays, Migraine is a neurological order that causes recurring headaches, ranging from moderate to high intensity. Migraines are more intense than just the common headaches. It starts with a throbbing pain on one side of the head.
Also, it is accompanied by Nausea, Dizziness, and light and sound sensitivity which can last from a few hours to few days. Other common symptoms include vomiting and pain aggravation due to physical activity. If you have been suffering from Migraine for years or having been recently diagnosed with it, there are certain ways with the help of which you can cure this problem of Migraine. However, keep in mind that these ways come with certain consequences, the interest for which you need to pay interest in the future.
Thinking about a natural way to cure the problem of Migraine? Luckily, yes. The perfect answer to this question is YOGA. Yoga is more than just physical fitness. It can bring calmness and peace to your mind and body, and it helps your body to treat various ailments such as anxiety, depression, and pain. Below are some of the best yoga poses that you can practice if you are suffering from Migraines. Let’s come and know every pose one by one.
- Hastapadasana (Standing Forward Bend)
Hastapadasana or the standing forward bend is a perfect yoga pose if you are suffering from Migraine or severe headaches. It is a standing pose that increases blood circulation and refreshes your nervous system. Now, learn how to do this standing forward bend.
- Stand straight with feet close and arms alongside your body.
- Inhale and lift your hands above your head.
- Exhale and bend forward from your buttocks bringing your hands towards your feet.
- Stretch and try to touch the floor.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then relax.
Precautions: People suffering from severe back pain or spondylitis, or any other cervical pain should not perform this asana.
2. Setu Bandhasana (The Bridge Pose)
Setu Bandhasana or the bridge pose resembles a bridge, that’s why it is named after it. Follow the steps mentioned below and perform this pose if you want to cure the problem of Migraine.
- Lie down on your back, bend your knees, and place your feet on the floor, with your hips-width apart.
- Keep your arms beside your body, with your palms facing down?
- Slowly lift your lower back, and then slowly lift your entire back by not giving a jerk.
- Try to touch your chest with your chin and provide great support to your shoulders, arms, and feet.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds and gently release the pose by breathing easily.
Precautions: Skip this pose if you are suffering from severe back and neck injuries.
3. Shishuasana (The Child Pose)
Shishuasana or the child poses is a perfect yoga poses to bring calmness to your mind and body. This pose stretches your entire body and improves blood circulation. Follow the steps and perform this yoga pose.
- Kneel down on the floor.
- Now, sit back on your heels and take a forward bend.
- Try to touch your forehead to the floor and give your hands a major stretch.
- Hold this position for 30-40 seconds and then release it slowly.
- Do this pose 3-4 times and relax.
Precautions: Avoid this pose if you have serious back issues or suffering from Diarrhea.
4. Marjariasana (The Cat Stretch)
Even pet cats teach you the beautiful art of Yoga! This cat stretch gives your body and perfect stretch that relaxes all your muscles. Have a look at how to perform this yoga asana to treat severe headaches.
- Sit in Vajrasana and stand on the knees.
- Now, lean in the forward direction. Place your hands on the floor and keep your face in the forward direction.
- Inhale a deep breath, raise your head, stretch your spine in the downward direction, and turn your back into a concave shape.
- Expand your abdomen as much as you can, keeping in mind that it doesn’t hurt you!
- Now, exhale and lower your head, while stretching your spine in the upward direction.
- Expand the extended abdomen and squeeze your buttocks.
- Hold, relax, and practice again.
Precaution: Don’t perform this pose if you are suffering from severe back pain.
5. Paschimottanasana (Two-Legged Forward Bent)
The two-legged forward bend or the Paschimottanasana calms your brain and alleviates stress and anxiety. Follow the steps and perform this pose with great ease.
- Sit down and stretch your legs straight, keeping your spine erect.
- Place your hands on your legs and try to touch your head to your knee.
- Drop your head as much as you can and hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Feel the stretch and make sure that it doesn’t hurt your spine.
- Repeat this pose 3-4 times and notice the changes.
Migraine attack causes unbearable pain that can sure to hamper your personal as well as professional life. In this case, Yoga is a perfect remedy that can cure your problem of Migraine and can help you live the best days of your life with great ease.
If you haven’t started with yoga yet, it’s time to include the yoga practice into your daily lives. All you can do is take the online yoga classes at pocket-friendly prices. Retreatsforme is the top YTT institute providing yoga classes online. So, fill the form and get in touch now!
Happy Yoga! 🧘🏻♀️