3 Breathing Exercises for Anxiety you can try now
At some point in time, everyone feels stressed, isn’t it? Well, stress is a result of over-exertion that our mind and body face in the daily chaos of life. There are many factors associated with stress, first and foremost is the current situation i.e. the Coronavirus! Well, this virus has juggled all the wheels of the economy. Some have lost their jobs, some have lost their loved one, and some have lost their business and many more.
This virus has affected everyone in one way or the other. Stress triggers a shift in your nervous system which in turn gives rise to physical stress. However, stress is beyond your control. It works automatically. Your breath is a beautiful bridge that creates a balance between your conscious and subconscious minds. Therefore, with the help of breathing exercises, you can easily escape the cylinder of stress.
Counting your breath per minute can be a helpful remedy to cure unnecessary stress. Well, if you are feeling stressed and anxious at the moment, all you can do is practice these top 3 breathing exercises. Either you can practice them at the beginning of your day or you can practice them prior to falling asleep at night.
- Alternate Nostril Breathing i.e. Anulom Vilom
To practice this type of breathing, you need to sit down in a comfortable place, lengthening your spine and opening your chest muscles. Now, rest your left hand on your left lap and raise your right hand and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Close your eyes gently.
- Inhale and exhale, to begin with this breathing exercise.
- Close your right nostril with your thumb and inhale through your left nostril.
- Close off your left nostril with your ring finger and exhale through your right nostril.
- Now, practice this breathing with both sides and do 10 rounds of this breathing exercise.
- Bhramari Breathing i.e. Bumble Bee
Bhramari Breathing is the best breathing exercise in which you need to make the sound of a bumblebee. It is a soothing practice and helps you land in the beautiful world of relaxation. Sit in a comfortable position and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Sit in a comfortable position and rub your hands together.
- Raise your arms as up as you can while you breathe.
- Breathe out and relax your arms by bringing them down.
- You can hide your hands behind your back if you want to resemble a bumblebee.
- Make a Buzz sound while you breathe in and breathe out.
Benefits of adding Pranayama into your Lives
- Equal Breathing i.e. Same Inhalations and Exhalations
Equal breathing is an ancient form of Pranayama which means you need to perform the same inhalations and exhalations. Now, follow the steps mentioned below if you want to practice equal breathing and say goodbye to your stress and worries.
- Sit down in a comfortable position and pay attention to your breaths.
- Slowly count 1, 2, 3, and 4 while you inhale and count again 1 to 4 while you exhale.
- Make sure that you focus on your breathing while performing this exercise.
- Perform this carefully and feel the emptiness in your lungs.
- Do this for 5-6 rounds and relax.
If you’re experiencing anxiety or stress, it’s always better to hold the hands of Yoga, Pranayama, and Meditation as they will help you live a happy life. Try these breathing exercises and alleviate your stress and anxiety. On the other hand, if you still feel stressed, all you can do is make an appointment with the doctor and discuss further your symptoms and possible treatments.